Paint the Town
The Village of South Orange, home to Seton Hall University, is only three blocks from the Gaslight Commons. Convenient to Manhattan yet offering the small-town character of local shops, restaurants and boutiques, South Orange is an exciting location with lots to offer.
A naturally beautiful area, South Orange is blessed with a variety of recreational amenities, including acres of parks, soccer fields, three swimming pools, 17 tennis courts and a cultural center. If shopping is your bag, Short Hills Mall is just 10 minutes away.
Restaurants and Bars: Gaslight Brewery & Restaurant, Toro Loco, Reservoir Restaurant, Ricalton’s Village Tavern, Above Restaurant & Bar, Cryan's Beef & Ale House, Bunny's Restaurant, Grid Iron Waffle Shop, The Dancing Blender, Town Hall Delicatessen, Ariyoshi Japanese Restaurant
- Stores: Ashley’s Marketplace & Café, Short Hills Mall, Livingston Mall
- Hotels: Marriott, Ramada, Hilton
- Sport Venues: Meadowlands Sports Complex
- Parks and Trails: South Mountain Reservation, Turtle Back Zoo, Cameron Park, Grove Park, Ivy Hill Park
- Bus: #107 with direct service to Manhattan
- Airports: 10 miles from Newark International Airport
- Train Station: Two blocks from South Orange train station offering 30-min. service to Penn Station
- Major Highways/Roads: Near I-280 and I-78; 30 min. to Manhattan.
- Elementary School: South Mountain Elementary School
- Middle School: South Orange Middle School
- High Schools: Columbia High School, Marymount High School
- Colleges/Universities: Seton Hall University