At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we create inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing accounting staff and will report to the Director of Construction Accounting. The position will assist in managing the financial close process and with managing all aspects of the financial operations related to our construction projects. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures, as well as improving and innovating new financial processes and technologies. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter, flexible thinker in terms of troubleshooting, collaborative in approach, have the ability to navigate in the gray and manage competing priorities under deadlines.
As the Accounting Manager your responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing the accounting functions including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and job cost
- Assist in managing and improving the month end close process to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ensure account reconciliations are accurate and up to date
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, policies and procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Evaluate, manage and develop direct reports
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and project teams
- Assist with various aspects of payroll
- Assist with implementing new technologies in an effort to streamline certain financial processes and procedures
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Assist with certain Treasury & Risk Management functions
- Other duties as required
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 6-8 years of progressive accounting experience in either the Construction and/or Real Estate industry
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong technical accounting, internal control and financial analysis skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Well-organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.