Established 30+ years ago, Bozzuto Construction Company(BCC) is a recognized industry leader for both construction expertise and adynamic, employee-driven environment. We strive to ensure everyone has anopportunity to thrive and grow by offering meaningful work experiences, careerdevelopment planning, and engaging our team in celebratory events. Workingalongside our other companies within Bozzuto, we access and leverage uniqueresources to continue expanding and diversifying our portfolio. As our businessgrows, our team grows.As an employee, you will discover that BCC is not atypical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work,enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customersexperience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, veteran owned, performance minded and we have each other’s back. Together, we solve problemsand build relationships. We give back to our communities and we celebratesuccesses with team events such as our annual fishing trip. We hope you want tobe part of a great team and join us.
You are responsible for the direction and control of all field forces in their respective area including Bozzuto and subcontractor employees. You take pride in ensuring that construction operations assigned to you are conducted safely while maintaining company quality standards and meeting the requirements of the plans, specifications, and project schedule for a single project. Projects may consist of ground up new construction or renovation, including commercial mixed-use space, and range in value from $20 million to over $100 million dollars
As an Area Superintendent your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage assigned field operations of the project through the use of a coordinated site utilization plan and project schedule.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the subcontractors and field staff ensuring that the work is conducted safely, company quality standards are maintained, and that the project is delivered on time.
- Field office administration assistance with writing daily reports, maintaining updated as-built drawings, organization of permits, permit drawings, and contract documents, and documentation of coordination, safety, and progress meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable code and safety regulations.
- Monitor materials flow to the site paying particular attention to long lead materials. Ensure subcontractors are contacted well in advance and secure assurances that materials are ordered.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with the owner, team members, and inspection authorities.
- Assist with conducting and documenting weekly subcontractor coordination meetings and take a lead role in part of the meeting.
- Promote safety on job site, ensuring that all Bozzuto safety policies are enforced.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date as-built set of drawings.
- Organize and become intimately familiar with all project documentation relative to your area including: subcontracts, change orders, requests for information, submittals, shop drawings, Plan revisions, and written directives.
- All responsibilities are ongoing during all phases of a project.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred; or 6+ years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-7 years progressively responsible experience in construction field operations managing commercial, multi-family, or mixed use projects in the $5 million – $60 million dollar range.
- Strong budgetary skills with experience in managing budgets and costs effectively.
- Proven supervisory skills in motivating and managing a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Primavera ,P6 & Procore.
- PMP and/or LEED accreditation desirable
- OSHA 30 certification
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others including subcontractors and suppliers
- Working knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Well versed in safety and government regulations, including State and Federal OSHA, with successful job site implementation.
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $100,00-$135,000
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.