At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we create inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Associate to join its Capital Markets team to support equity and debt fundraising efforts for the firm’s development projects. The Capital Markets Associate will be integrally involved in a diverse range of capital markets transactions spanning the real estate project life cycle, from raising discretionary equity funds and structuring equity joint ventures to sourcing and closing construction and permanent loans.
As a Capital Markets Associate your responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and modeling debt financings and joint venture waterfalls for multifamily, mixed-use and for-sale development projects.
- Leading the marketing of financing opportunities to bank and agency lenders, HUD intermediaries, life insurance companies and other real estate debt providers.
- Supporting Capital Markets team in institutional and private capital raising efforts.
- Managing lender and investor due diligence, including working closely with Development, Asset Management, Property Management and Construction teams to gather and analyze market conditions, comparable projects and other data relevant to project financings.
- Working in conjunction with Capital Markets team and legal counsel to review and negotiate financing term sheets and legal documents.
- Proactively managing debt portfolio, including upcoming debt maturities, qualification for loan extensions, refinance opportunities and guaranty exposure.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with project lenders.
What You Bring to Us:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate and or 3+ years of professional experience in real estate finance, banking, brokerage, accounting, or other analytical role
- Experience executing real estate capital markets transactions, particularly construction and permanent debt financings, is required. Track record of successfully sourcing and running debt process, including review and negotiation of loan documents, is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling, including a strong understanding of real estate capital structures and experience with join venture and/or fund waterfalls.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to clearly, logically, and concisely articulate an argument along with supporting rationale.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and handle tight timelines.
- Ability to exhibit and exemplify Bozzuto’s values of concern, creativity, passion and pursuit of perfection.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.