At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
As the Chief Engineer, you will function as the hands on supervisor while ensuring that the onsite maintenance team/technicians deliver quality services that continue to keep Bozzuto managed properties and outstanding place for residents to call home and for retail and commercial tenants to do business.
As a Chief Engineer, your primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owners asset
- Effectively manage assigned staff to include activities such as assigning work, providing supervision and direction as needed
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects
- Compliance with applicable building, city/county and safety codes and regulations
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of buildings (interior and exterior – including streetscape), systems and equipment for all property users
- Evaluates center for property needs and recommends improvements as required.
- Oversees the condition and preventive maintenance programs of key asset systems; HVAC and duct systems, fire protection/sprinkler systems, plumbing – sewer mains/clean out drains/structural building plumbing/sump pumps, vertical transportation, electrical equipment, etc.
- Ensure that retail/commercial tenants are in compliance with lease required preventive and ongoing maintenance for their spaces (pest control, HVAC, exhaust/duct/hood cleaning, window cleaning, etc.)
- Proactively manage insurance exposures at the property ensuring that all common areas throughout the asset are safe for public access
- Develop and implement proactive strategies to resolve property operational and compliance-related challenges
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall administration
- Create, implement and maintain long range capital improvements plans
- Responsibility for completion of annual building systems inspection/testing, maintenance (ITM) requirements
- In charge of sustaining peak efficiency operation levels for all property components
- Ensure expeditious completion of all maintenance requests and apartment turnovers
- Reinforce monthly staffing schedules, ensuring 24/7 emergency coverage. Manage ongoing staff development efforts and skill building/learning initiatives
- Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business
What You Bring to Us:
- Universal HVAC (CFC) certification and DC-3 license required
- Experience with Retail, Residential, Historic and New Buildings
- Accredited Technical School, Military, or College Certification in HVAC and/or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of related maintenance operations experience with 3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of risk management, OSHA, and MSDS
- Skilled in performing HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and appliance repairs
- Familiarity with overseeing drywall work, painting, caulking, and basic carpentry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of the teams so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $96,000—$106,000 (Plus additional bonus opportunities)
- Health & Wellness Benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement Planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.