Bozzuto Construction is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s fastest-growing general contractors. New clients and projects constantly come to us because of our dedication to the details in building excellence and our reputation for doing business with integrity. We treat our people with the same amount of respect. Here, you’ll work alongside great people and have an impressive range of benefits, ample opportunities to grow and time to have fun. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
As a Construction Accountant, you will be tasked with managing multiple projects and other accounting related duties, which will primarily include handling all project related finance and accounting duties, including AR, AP, treasury/cash management, risk management, and project cost reporting. Additionally, we will welcome your innovation to help us streamline accounting processes and help further integrate certain technologies throughout the department.
As a Construction Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly financial packages in concert with month-end close and PRMs (project review meetings.)
- Be an effective early warning system. Actively manage the CME (current month estimates) process to keep projects on budget.
- Monitor the project’s key performance indicators.
- Provide accurate and timely information in order to comply with regulatory requirements (e.g. annual financial statement audit).
- Manage the company’s risk. Ensure that BCC policies are followed, including audit of insurance certificates, payment and performance bonds, executed lien releases, executed subcontracts and change orders.
- Manage the project’s cash flow. Ensure that BCC is paid accurately and timely. Ensure that vendors are paid accurately and timely.
- Process accounts receivables, including preparation of monthly draw requests to project’s funding source and subsequent monitoring of timely collection.
- Process accounts payables, including data entry of subcontractor requisitions and subsequent timely payment to subcontractors.
- Perform timely monthly close, allowing more time for value-added analysis and better-informed management decisions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account analyses and maintain the trial balance for project(s).
- Be proactive. Communicate effectively with vendors and subcontractors, keeping them informed of paperwork requirements and payment status.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
- 3-5 years of construction and/or real estate accounting experience
- Construction based accounting software experience (JD Edwards a plus)
- Experience in AP, AR, GL, Project cost accounting and monthly close process
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience using Textura a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI a plus
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.