Bozzuto is a privately held, real estate services company that specializes in Property Management, Construction, Development and Homebuilding. Our vision of being the best real estate company in the country is inspired by the empowered execution of our more than 2000 talented team members to create extraordinary experiences of home and community. Bozzuto Construction Company is one of the Mid-Atlantics’ fastest growing general contractors specializing in complicated urban infill high-rise and mixed-use projects. We also have expertise in retail, assisted and senior living, renovations, and affordable apartments, as well as experience with hotel and healthcare projects. We have been recognized as a 2016 Top Workplace by the Washington Post and we are a multi-year winner of the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award. Put your passion to work on a career journey with Bozzuto!
The Only Coffee You’ll Be Fetching Is Your Own
Have a fun, hands-on learning experience within a multi-family construction environment. Our 12-week internship mirrors our entry-level Construction Project Engineer role that is responsible for:
- Intern will be exposed to cost estimating, planning site logistics and scheduling, materials procurement, cost control and quality management.
- Prepare bid packages, scope and level bid proposals.
- Develop and maintain project matrices for historical data.
- Assist with drawing & document coordination and reviews. This would entail keeping project documents organized, and distributing documents to all parties involved as well as reviewing documents for completeness.
- Intern will be exposed to project budgets, contracts and attending Owner meetings.
- Assist the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer in their daily tasks.
- Compile, present and track submittals and submittal correspondence to the design consultants, subcontractors, owners and owner representatives.
- Assist with maintain a complete set of contract documents at the site including all plans, specifications, communications, RFIs, submittals, addendums, ASIs, ASKs, etc.
- Price miscellaneous items related to the budget or Pending Change Orders.
- Compile and submit RFIs to design consultants and distribute responses from design consultants.
- Record meeting minutes of all project meetings.
- Intern will be exposed to monitoring the activity at construction sites by ensuring construction progresses as scheduled and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Assist the Project Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in their daily tasks.
- Assist with punch-list and project close-out activities.
- Assist with the coordination of subcontractors both daily and through a two week look ahead.
- Assist in the preparation of daily field reports, notes and meeting minutes.
- Tracking and reporting of contact timing, deliverables and schedules.
- Assist with the maintenance on site of an accurate and up-to-date as-built set of drawings.
What You Bring to Us:
- A graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in an engineering program (civil, architecture, mechanical) or construction management program.
- Strong interest in construction, real estate, architecture and/or development.
- Strong computer skills (Excel) including scheduling software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all types of contract documents relating to construction of property, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.