Established 30+ years ago, Bozzuto Construction Company (BCC) is a recognized industry leader for both construction expertise and a dynamic, employee-driven environment. We strive to ensure everyone has an opportunity to thrive and grow by offering meaningful work experiences, career development planning, and engaging our team in celebratory events. Working alongside our other companies within Bozzuto, we access and leverage unique resources to continue expanding and diversifying our portfolio. As our business grows, our team grows.As an employee, you will discover that BCC is not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, veteran owned performance minded and we have each other’s back. Together, we solve problems and build relationships. We give back to our communities and we celebrate successes with team events such as our annual fishing trip. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
The Only Coffee You’ll Be Fetching Is Your Own. Have a fun, hands-on learning experience within a multi-family construction environment. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees, customers and the public.
As a Safety Intern, your primary responsibilities:
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed.
- Manage OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Help identified hazards; coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Develop and distribute safety flash toolbox talks to organization.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work-place practices.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Assist in site incident management including root cause analysis.
- Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to Us:
- A graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in a safety program.
- Strong interest in construction, real estate, architecture and/or development.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and safety related training correspondence.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Safety Regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills up and down organizational structure.
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $20.00—$25.00
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.