At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
You will be primarily responsible for training, supervising and reviewing the work of Property Accountants to ensure accurate and timely recording & reporting of property level financial statements in accordance with GAAP and other accounting policies.
As an Accounting Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee, mentor, coach and develop a team of 4-6 Property Accountants to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting for property level financial statements in accordance with GAAP and other accounting policies
- Review work and hold team accountable for work quality.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close and financial reporting cycles – including schedules/responses related to audits and inquiries from internal and external business partners (e.g. Asset Management, Operations, etc)
- Achieve/maintain an in-depth knowledge of his/her assigned properties and communicate significant issues impacting the financial results with Assistant Controller, Controller, Regionals and SVPS
- Document and record ownership-level transactions based on relevant legal documents (e.g. debt agreements, purchase and sales contracts and joint venture agreements)
- Oversee cash management of Property Accountants, and maintain tracking schedule of priority payments such as mortgage, tax, insurance and distributions to owners, to prevent fines, penalties, or issue.
- Enforce/ensure internal controls and recommend additional procedures to ensure adequate controls, policies and procedures are in place
- Responsible for quarterly evaluations of 4-6 property Accountants, including discussions of compensation and personnel issues
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality with regards to proprietary information (staff and company related)
- Ability to problem solve independently, and ability to navigate through problems while maintaining political savvy both internally and externally to prevent items from snowballing
- Ability to adapt to ever changing processes and requests while maintaining a positive and contagious spirit.
What You Bring to Us:
- Ability to adapt to ever changing processes and requests while maintaining a positive and contagious spirit
- Demonstrated staff management experience and an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles
- Broad knowledge of accounting principals and practices (GAAP), financial policies and procedures and internal controls
- Deadline-focused; organized; problem-solving skills
- Strong team orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Experience with aspects of real estate accounting (e.g., reviewing lease info, posting settlement activity, etc)
- Must be a “Senior Accountant” to apply internally
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related Field
- CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years progressive accounting experience.