At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades. Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto Development Company is seeking a Development Associate to add to their team. Under the direction of the Development Manager and/or Development Vice President, you will be responsible for providing support to the team in various activities and initiatives related to development projects.
As a Development Associate, your primary responsibilities include:
- Perform feasibility analyses of potential projects in close collaboration with finance, construction, and property management teams.
- Prepare and maintain project performance metrics that include predevelopment budget, development budget, and project timeline and developer reports.
- Assist with the oversight and management of external partners, e.g. architect, market data consultants, environmental consultants, community organizations, political officials, etc.
- Evaluate and secure zoning and other local government entitlements required for development.
- Closely collaborate with Bozzuto internal construction and management company business units to manage project issues, schedules and goals.
- Assist with the preparation of funding proposals, tax credit applications, etc.
- Attend events in DC, VA and MD (including Baltimore), some of which may be in the evening.
What You Bring to Us:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct feasibility analyses.
- Experience with financial modeling, forecasting techniques, reporting and analysis design.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to partner with a variety of staff across functions and levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- BA/BS degree required, MA in Real Estate or MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the real estate industry or a relevant internship required
- Solid understanding of DC Metro market.
- Project management experience.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.