Bozzuto is a privately held, real estate services company that specializes in Property Management, Construction, Development and Homebuilding. Our vision of being the best real estate company in the country is inspired by the empowered execution of our more than 2000 talented team members to create extraordinary experiences of home and community.
Bozzuto Development Company specializes in the development of a range of high-end multifamily rental products in both urban and suburban settings. In 2014, NAHB named our Monroe Street Market development its Infill Community of the Year and our Union Wharf development its Multifamily Community of the Year.
The Washington Post has recognized us as a 2020 Top Workplace and we are a multi-year winner of the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award.
Have a fun, hands-on learning experience in a real business environment!
Located in our Wayne, PA office, Bozzuto Development has an intern opportunity for a highly motivated and aspiring Development professional to directly assist our Development team in all aspects of the development process for complex urban development projects. This includes all phases of development including zoning, entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing, and disposition.
Intern Responsibilities and Learning Objectives:
- Assist in preparing proposals and presentations for new business pitches
- Translate data and project research into clear, professional products
- Assist business development team and senior leadership with special projects as needed
- Review architectural plans for compliance with standards
- Be a proactive achiever who is able to follow guidelines and meet deadlines
- Take ownership of each project assigned
- Communicate regularly with senior management on project timelines and progress
- Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets, including preparation of monthly loan draw package and investor reports. Create basic financial analyses;
- Assist in obtaining project entitlements and permits, including meetings with city/town staff to negotiate outstanding issues;
- Assist in contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other outside consultants;
- Work with development team to keep project-specific economic models up to date;
- Assist with market research and serve as a resource for new development pursuits;
- Assist with presentations, market reports, data input, meeting minutes, proforma models, proposals, processing invoices;
- Exposure to project meetings;
What You Bring to Us:
- A graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in an real estate, business, finance or engineering program
- 1+ years in Real Estate Development
- Passion for the field of real estate development
- Strong quantitative abilities with knowledge of financial modeling and financial statements
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Awareness of design and project documentation
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations
- Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office experience – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.