At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategic Business Solutions, the Director of Sustainability will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the successful strategy setting, implementation, communication, maintenance, and management of sustainability programs and projects as well as a direct role reviewing and implementing innovative initiatives for a diverse real estate portfolio located throughout the country. The Director will work collaboratively with internal and external partners at all levels to ensure innovation and sustainability integration in our processes and practices while maintaining focus on broader organizational goals relating to customer satisfaction, net operating income, employee:
As the Director of Sustainability primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Managing Director and the senior BMC team regarding strategic planning, budgeting, and management of all sustainability programs.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and the senior BMC team regarding analysis, recommendations and implementation of innovation solutions
- Oversee sustainability planning, operations, programs and initiatives to ensure alignment with organizational business goals and objectives and including ROI analysis, tracking of improvements, and semi-annual internal reporting on progress.
- Represent company on industry boards and committees, present company programs and case study work at industry events, and engage with industry groups such as U.S. EPA, U.S. Dept of Energy Better Buildings, RE100, etc. to maintain close partnerships and working relationships.
- Oversee recommendations for sustainability implementation on new developments and existing assets.
- Communicate at the executive level with internal and external stakeholders. Able to effectively express concepts/ideas/issues verbally and in written communication.
- Responsible for continued implementation and ongoing owner and jurisdictional reporting requirements to include energy, waste/recycling and water benchmarking compliance.
- Responsible for coordination and timely completion of ENERGY STAR® certifications, Energy Star Partner of the Year submittal, Fitwel certifications and others, such as GRESB, as needed.
- Identify, evaluate, and engage best-in-class third party partners to assist in key initiatives and projects, and new innovation technologies.
- As needed, step in to proactively resolve issues involving owners, vendors, staff, and other items related to sustainability.
- Develop short and long-term strategies and programs to improve efficiency, increase productivity and control costs related to building performance, and other sustainability related opportunities.
- Own development, implementation and revision of departmental procedures, and protocols, including programs to increase adoption of sustainable initiatives in the field, energy procurement, site-level energy efficiency, field staff training programs, and management of sustainability capital projects.
- Develop and implement best practices and innovative solutions tied to industry trends while remaining in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Provide a forum to bring together the Development, Advisory, Construction and Maintenance teams to collaborate on sustainability best practices.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise regarding sustainability best practices in an advisory capacity for new projects as needed.
- Travel as required.
What You Bring to Us:
- A degree in real estate, business, sustainability, engineering or related field required, 8+ years’ direct, progressive sustainability management experience with commercial portfolio and/or a large, urban, multi-family rental portfolio required.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP O+M designation or other relevant professional designation preferred.
- Fitwel or other wellness certification preferred.
- Fluency in Energy Star Portfolio Manager and GRESB.
- Demonstrated multi-program management capabilities leading sustainability and innovation programs across a geographically diverse portfolio. Strong communication skills are essential.
- Strong understanding of metrics tracking across sustainability topic areas such as climate, energy, carbon emissions, waste, and transportation.
- Must be creative, flexible, highly organized, and able to both develop and implement systems and procedures and communicate and manage them clearly and effectively to Bozzuto Management’s decentralized operations staff.
- High energy, excellent verbal and written communication skills to present to diverse audiences, the ability to think critically, strong problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented environment. Interest and confidence speaking in front of large groups and press.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, set priorities, take initiative, meet deadlines, and provide excellent customer service to a diverse owner base.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
What We Bring You:
Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
- Comprehensive and affordable health plans
- Free life insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Company-matched 401K
- Teledoc, free 24/7/365 online access to a doctor
Our robust perks program also gives you exclusive discounts from well-known retailers. Generous paid time-off policies, like family leave, help you find greater work-life balance. Our effortless onboarding program, continued mentorship, leadership and training programs, career planning assistance and even tuition reimbursement, encourage you to reach your full potential. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.