At Bozzuto, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.Why? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
The Employee Relations Specialist serves as a business partner across all Bozzuto companies. The incumbent actively participates in developing, executing, and communicating human resource initiatives in all areas of employee relations. Key areas of employee relations issues include: investigations, performance management, HR compliance, leave administration, policy and procedure interpretation and other HR functions as requested.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, your primary responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate with management to provide direction and guidance on people issues including: disciplinary actions, behavior and conduct issues, terminations, leave administration and other HR related issues.
- Provide sound HR guidance in support of management’s goal to improve the performance, efficiency, and growth of the organization.
- Conduct internal investigations; work with management to facilitate investigations and participate when necessary.
- Provides support to the Director of Employee Relations, SVP of HR, and management staff on employee relations issues.
- Assists management in preparing performance management and formal disciplinary actions. Ensure official documentation is properly maintained to support proposed disciplinary actions.
- Consult with management in developing employee performance improvement plans.
- Regularly review HR performance forms and processes and subsequently make recommendations for change.
- Assist the Director of Employee Relations in developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures, prepare and maintain employee handbook updates on policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations.
- Lends assistance and input with new hire orientation, HR initiatives, and leadership development training.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience handling employee relations matters in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge of an experience with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-state environment.
- Ability to make well-reasoned and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available considerations and factors.
- Adept at independently manage multiple task and projects, track workplace activities, and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate training or present effectively to groups of employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using HRIS software.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Ability to travel from time to time.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.