At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
You will be primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of transactions for multiple privately-held real estate investment companies focused on commercial and multi-family properties. You are passionate about real estate, accounting and technology and eager to learn and contribute to our growing organization.
As an Junior Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Follow up with vendors regarding stale-dated checks.
- Send letters to residents regarding security deposit refunds.
- Scanning checks for vendor refunds, rebate checks, etc.
- Voided checks within Yardi.
- Process tenant deposits in the accounts receivable module of Yardi.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process as needed.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Assist with tracking income and expense due dates.
- Reconcile tenant ledgers and research tenant inquiries.
- Closing up to two properties
- Complete other ad hoc projects as need.
What You Bring to Us:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Past experience working in an office.
- Real estate and Yardi experience is preferred.
- Ability to work fast under pressure with multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
- Takes great pride and ownership of work.
- Detailed oriented and accurate.
- Proactive and quick learner.
- Trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and professionalism.
- Good organizational (time management) and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Team player.
- Focused on customer service.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.