At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Your mantra is preserve and protect. You bring your passion for people and the trades to work with you every day. You’re a motivator, a teacher and a safety maven. As the leader of asset preservation for the community, you instill in everyone you interact with, a sense of Bozzuto pride.
As a Maintenance Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with the core values and culture of Bozzuto
- Dedicating time to hiring, developing and providing on-the-job and classroom education opportunities to techs and community care associates
- Showing care and concern for our residents through timely follow up and meticulous completion of their apartment service tickets
- Resolving maintenance issues in the area of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and appliance repair
- Managing the make-ready and apartment turnover process with attention to detail and timeliness so apartments can be leased and new residents can move in
- Preserving the value of the building by consistently executing on preventative maintenance programs
- Preserving the beauty of the building and the safety of the community through general upkeep and cleanliness, snow removal and grounds maintenance
- Sustaining peak efficiency operation levels for all property components
- Adhering to applicable building, county and safety codes/standards, while running an accident-free operation
- Ensuring completion of annual building systems inspections required by the jurisdiction
- Leading cost-effective capital improvement and special projects
- Establishing and managing vendor relationships and projects within budget parameters
- Reinforcing monthly staffing schedules, ensuring 24/7 emergency coverage
What You Bring to Us:
- An education in the trades and 7+ years of experience in facilities and/or residential building maintenance
- 3+ years of supervisory experience and a track record of hiring, developing and retaining high performing teams
- An HVAC, EPA and/or NAPE certification
- Knowledge of risk management, OSHA and MSDS
- Advanced level of skill in HVAC, plumbing, electrical and appliance repair
- Basic carpentry, drywall and painting skills
- Exposure to complex mechanical systems such as central plant, split systems, boilers and chillers
- A safety mindset and an eye for detail
- A builder’s mentality (know it like you built it!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and comfort using various technology platforms, apps and computer programs
- Availability for emergency situations at the property, including an on-call rotation
- The ability to exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly, climb stairs, use ladders and work in varying weather conditions
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $85,000—$95,000 (plus additional bonus opportunities)
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.