As part of The Bozzuto Group, Bozzuto Construction Company works closely with our development and property management companies to bring unique perspectives to the building industry. By leveraging our resources and 30 years of construction experience, we continue to expand and diversify our portfolio. And as our business grows, our team grows..
You serve the role of CFO for the project, handling all project related finance and accounting duties, including AR, AP, treasury/cash management, risk management and project cost reporting.
As a Project Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly financial packages in concert with month-end close and PRMs (project review meetings.)
- Be an effective early warning system. Actively manage the CME (current month estimates) process to keep projects on budget.
- Monitor the project’s key performance indicators.
- Provide accurate and timely information in order to comply with regulatory requirements – cost certifications, tax returns, and annual financial statements.
- Manage the company’s risk. Ensure that BCC policies are followed, including audit of insurance certificates, payment and performance bonds, executed lien releases, executed subcontracts and change orders.
- Manage the project’s cash flow. Ensure that BCC is paid accurately and timely. Ensure that vendors are paid accurately and timely.
- Process accounts receivables, including preparation of monthly draw requests to project’s funding source and subsequent monitoring of timely collection
- Process accounts payables, including data entry of subcontractor requisitions and subsequent timely payment to subcontractors.
- Perform timely monthly close, allowing more time for value-added analysis and better-informed management decisions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account analyses and maintain the trial balance for project(s).
- Be proactive. Communicate effectively with vendors and subcontractors, keeping them informed of paperwork requirements and payment status.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 4 years of construction accounting experience.
- Construction based accounting software experience.
- Experience in AP, AR, GL, Project cost accounting and monthly close process.
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook and construction accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills.
What Makes A Great Fit:
We’re not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, hard playing, Vet owned and performance minded. We give back to our communities and have each other’s back. We solve problems and build relationships. This might sound corny, but we’re really a nice bunch of people. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.