At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Retail/Commercial Management Intern to join our team. Responsibilities include a wide array of tasks and projects related to retail/commercial management in mixed-use environments. The internship position will be based out of the corporate headquarters, located in Greenbelt, with opportunity for travel to Bozzuto managed mixed-use properties.
As a Retail Intern, your primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with mixed-use property inspections of exterior grounds, common areas, public parking garages, retail service areas and retail storefronts. Generate written inspection reports and provide to PM/GM/Retail Asset Manager
- Assist Retail Asset Manager in directing retail tenant merchandising, operating and/or physical enhancements
- Gaining understanding of:
- Retail/commercial common area maintenance (CAM) budgets
- Rent roll, aged receivable reports, income statements, owner reports
- Tenant Allowance reimbursement requests including confirmation of outstanding items and confirmation of all construction related documentation to include As-Built drawings, all lien waivers, architectural certification letters, completion of build out and receipt of closing binders.
- Participate in financial review and analysis of assets
- Review retail leases and documents
- Assist with and attend Mixed-Use training classes
- Audit retail tenants for operational lease compliance
What You Bring to Us:
- Currently pursuing a college degree, preferably entering junior year or senior year in the fall, with a strong interest in commercial/retail real estate
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred
- Must be motivated, organized, and possess good communication skills
- Willing to travel and able to do so independently
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.