At Bozzuto, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades. Why? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
You are the go-to advisor, guide, mentor and support to the onsite property teams in the management of retail/commercial spaces, and shared exterior environments/common spaces in mixed-use assets. With your superior knowledge, you will provide support to our advisory, retail, and mixed-use accounting teams, as well as our clients when it comes to retail and commercial space in our portfolio. You will take pride in working with the team to ensure that first class standards are being met and exceeded and help drive bottom line results.
As a Retail Asset Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Inspect mixed use property exterior grounds, public parking garages, retail service areas and retail storefronts, report findings both orally and in writing thoroughly to the property management team to effectively, quickly and immediately address any issues identified.
- Advise site staff on 3rd party parking garage operations to include; a high level of customer service and maximum profitability, monitoring and evaluating financial operating results to enhance the cash flow and profits of the operation, and ensuring the maintenance of parking equipment
- Assists in the development of retail/commercial common area maintenance (CAM) budgets for mixed use assets. May also include REA/condo budget work.
- Track commercial aged receivables and advise/guide property managers and ownership accordingly
- Review rent roll, income statements, variance analysis and owner reports and provide feedback as necessary to accounting and property managers
- Work with property manager to analyze and maximize CAM recoveries and ensure that tenants are compliant with lease requirements
- Assist clients and site staff with negotiating tenant rent abatement/reduction/deferral requests or work-outs
- Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business.
- Read, understand and know leases, reciprocal easement agreements, construction contracts, condominium documents, management contracts, listing agreements, service agreements, purchase orders and other documents that pertain to the ownership and operation of the mixed-use assets
- Monitor and guide the property management team on the compliance of applicable lease requirements, rules and regulations, company policies and procedures, codes, ordinances and environmental & legal regulations.
- Work with Retail Assets and Corporate Training team on regular training sessions for managers of mixed-use assets
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of retail/commercial property management experience required
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to function in a team environment effectively communicating, collaborating and sharing information with people in other departments within the company.
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to handle multiple projects, think creatively and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret/analyze and guide/mentor onsite teams on financial statements, balance sheets, aged receivables, shared expense allocations, tenant sales, leases, and monthly owners reports
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to advise, guide and mentor effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.