At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
You will be a valuable and visible contributor to the Accounting Department, by fulfilling daily accounting tasks, reviewing monthly financial packages and mentoring property accountants
As a Senior Accountant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Review financial packages of assigned property accountants to ensure accuracy Train, develop and mentor assigned staff accountants Maintain all aspects of accounting responsibility for 4- 6 properties Preparation of monthly financial information in accordance with owner deadlines and requirements
- Forecasting cash flow
- Analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Initiate monthly payments for debt service, owner distributions, etc.
- Calculation of monthly management fees and other fees.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Resolution of problems and issues as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assets including determination of what can be paid weekly.
- Cash management includes communication on all items involving cash shortfalls and cash surpluses that involve capital calls or distributions to owners.
- Responsible for making all real estate tax and insurance payments timely to avoid late payments and penalties.
- Communicate with property owners and personnel as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls.
- Work as a team player in evaluating and resolving discrepancies, as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement.
What You Bring to Us:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- Four years of previous accounting experience, previous review experience desirable.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as maintaining excellent customer service satisfaction.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing processes and requests while maintaining a positive and contagious spirit
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles
- High degree of responsibility and initiative with the desire to advance beyond this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates and owner contacts.
- Dependable, punctual, and reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn property management accounting processes, including use of any industry specific software.
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting systems.