At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we create inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
As the Senior Benefits And Leave Specialist your responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the 401(k) program including assisting employees with retirement related questions, enrollments, loans and distribution requests.
- Reconcile and approve biweekly 401(k) funding in the carrier website. Resolve discrepancies between payroll and the 401(k) carrier for funding and eligibility issues.
- Have a thorough understanding of the 401(k) loan delinquency process and determine action needed to resolve the delinquent loans.
- Assist with year-end nondiscrimination testing including assist with determining eligibility for test and resolving eligibility questions.
- Assist with annual 401(k) audit testing selections and other auditor requests.
- Serve as the initial contact for employee absences, leave requests and workers compensation claims.
- Manage the life cycle of the leave request including employees’ initial notice of the need for leave, return to work, gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintain effective communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Federal and State leave programs under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership. Have a thorough understanding of state paid family leave laws and their interplay with company benefits.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leaves.
- Facilitate other leave requests, which may include parental leaves, and accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Administer other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Develop, recommend, and implement new or modified benefit procedures and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information; ensures compliance with HIPAA.
- Coordinate and interpret the short and long-term disability insurance programs: participant communication, inquiries, enrollment/changes, communication with carriers, billing and claims processing.
- Perform audits as needed on benefits information in the HRIS and benefits management system to ensure the integrity of the information.
- Work closely with benefits broker/ administrator to process new and current employee enrollments, manage qualifying life events, dependent changes, orienting employees regarding programs and coverage, and oversee enrollment intake activities. Manage employee deductions in arrears.
- Manage the open enrollment process including participating in renewal discussions, conducting employee meetings, providing guidance during open enrollments and audits enrollments with payroll.
- Participate in the creation of benefits materials and maintain the Benefits Connect community to keep it up to date.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Workers Compensation. Work closely with claims adjusters and supervisors to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal/State/Local laws and company policy. Approve requests for reserves increases, wage documentation, work closely with claims adjusters on closing claims in a timely manner.
- Assist with Workers Compensation, auto and liability annual audits.
- Assist with the creation of OHSA logs.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Affordable Care Act. Manage monthly hours tracking, offers of benefits, and year end compliance and reporting.
- Work closely with FSA vendor to manage Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Perform end of year closing ensuring proper reporting of adjustment of benefits accounts, and correct carry over balances to the next fiscal year.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Wellness program. Work with the engagement specialist to create a calendar of wellness activities and execute monthly programs.
- Help to promote the different benefits offered with the company to increase enrollment levels, awareness and participation.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years previous Benefits and Leave Specialist experience.
- Prior experience with multi-state benefits, specifically states with paid family leave laws.
- Experience handling high volume of leave cases, experience with complex leave cases.
- CEBS/ CLMS certification will be a big plus.
- Decisive when dealing with benefit issues.
- Experience with UltiPro HRIS.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- A general understanding of payroll and accounting functions, specifically related to their interaction with Benefits.
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of the teams so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive Compensation. Salary range: $ 80,000—$90,000
- Health & Wellness Benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement Planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.