At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
You’re the CEO and head coach of the community. You bring your passion for people, apartment living and trendy neighborhoods with you to work every day. You instill, in everyone you interact with, a sense of Bozzuto pride. You’re obsessed with understanding your residents’ mindsets and strive to create extraordinary experiences, for customers and employees alike.
As a General Manager (GM), your primary responsibilities include:
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with the core values and culture of Bozzuto
- Inspiring the team to effectively execute sales, marketing and operational activities that achieve budgeted occupancy and customer retention goals
- Managing the financial performance of the property in accordance with the established budget
- Effectively coaching all team members to understand how they contribute to the big picture
- Creating and delivering timely and accurate financial and operational performance reports to clients and ownership groups that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances
- Cultivating and maintaining strong, loyal relationships with all constituents—owners, residents, employees and vendors
- Being an expert on the competitive marketplace and effectively coaching the team to proficiency in differentiating the community and Bozzuto from competition
- Partnering with consumer marketing to implement marketing strategies that position the community as a destination for people seeking engaged and enriched living experiences
- Creating an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction and yields outstanding customer satisfaction ratings and community reviews
- Working weekends when prospective residents are out looking for their new home—one weekend per month with two days off during the week
- Inspiring the professional growth and development of all team members by encouraging knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Supporting participation in training and educational opportunities
You Create Value by:
- Building a motivating environment that encourages your team to give their very best
- Coaching in the moment and providing team members with opportunities to develop their skills while simultaneously developing your own
- Proactively managing the performance of all team members through performance reviews, regular constructive feedback and development/growth plans
- Connecting with people by engaging in meaningful conversations that demonstrate your concern and genuine desire to make them feel at home
- Taking responsibility for customers’ problems, making sure they’re solved and treating them like you would your best friend
- You play an active role in making certain the community is impeccable
- You roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade”
What You Bring to Us:
- Lease up experience as a Property Manager/General Manager preferred
- A College Degree
- 5+ years of experience in the property management, hospitality or retail industries
- A track record of success building, developing and retaining high-performing teams
- A track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, investors, ownership groups and vendors
- Experience managing a budget and/or P&L
- Proficiency with industry software (YARDI), apps and computer programs
- Strong financial skills with a basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $90,000—$100,000 (Plus additional bonus opportunities)
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.