Charming side streets. One-of-a-kind eateries. An urban oasis. From the people to the places and everything in-between, diversity is alive and well in Meridian Hill. This rich diversity weaves together a distinct personality, vibe, and soul that enables all walks of life to feel right at home.
In this town, it pays to be connected. And Meridian Hill is quite the connector. Tying together Adams Morgan, Columbia Heights and U Street, ÂME is a stone’s throw from DC’s music scene, grand nightlife and shopping extravaganzas.
No car? No problem. You’re in the middle of a mass transit mecca. From two Metro stops to the bevy of Metro and Circulator buses, getting from A to B is a breeze.
Paint the Town
- Shopping: Target, Safeway, Metro Wine & Spirits, City Bikes Adams Morgan, Yes! Organic Market Adams Morgan, Smash Records, Meeps Vintage, Trader Joe's, Room & Board, West Elm, Urban Essentials, Harris Teeter, Streets Market and Cafe
- Dining: Smoke & Barrel, Mintwood Place, Tail Up Goat, Roofers Union, Philz Coffee, Sakuramen Ramen Bar, Perry's Restaurant, Mellow Mushroom, Jack Rose Dining Saloon, Provision No. 14, Busboys and Poets, The Fainting Goat, Compass Rose
- Museums & Art Galleries: African American Civil War Museum, The Phillips Collection
- Parks & Recreation: Meridian Hill Park, Girard Street Park, Kalorama Recreation Center, Walter Pierce Park
- Entertainment: Bourbon, Madam's Organ, Local 16, U Street Music Hall, The 9:30 Club
- Convenience: CVS, PNC Bank, BB&T, Bank of America
- Hospitals: Howard University Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, George Washington University Hospital
- Gyms & Spas: solidcore, MINT health club & studio, Vida Fitness U Street, Parlour Salon
- Train: Columbia Heights Metro Station, U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metro Station, Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station
- Bus: 16th St & Euclid St, Columbia & Ontario Road
- Bike Share: Capital Bike Share – Euclid St
- Colleges/Universities: Howard University, Cardozo Education Campus
- High School: Benjamin Banneker High School
- Middle School: Lincoln Middle School
- Elementary School: HD Cooke Elementary School