September 08, 2011
Brokers these days, wrestling with dwindling sales, would have their clients believe that there is no better time than the present to buy a home. Prices are down, they say, and mortgage rates are at all-time lows.
Unfortunately for the brokers, many clients are not persuaded by that logic. Instead, in increasing numbers, they are choosing to rent — unconvinced that the housing market has yet hit bottom.
Mark Overton and Stephanie Engeln, both in their 50s and residents of Hudson… Continue reading
August 18, 2011
Washington, D.C.–The Peterson Cos.’ National Harbor development, one of only half a dozen planned communities in the Washington, D.C. metro area, has captured the attention of a great many home buyers over the past 18 months. In a brutally tough sales market, and in a county disproportionately impacted by the foreclosure crisis, more than 100 homes were sold in National Harbor between early 2010 and first quarter 2011.
“We have a range of price… Continue reading
August 08, 2011
The Bozzuto Group has opened its leasing office within The Arbors at Baltimore Crossroads, a 365-unit rental apartment home community contained within the 1,000-acre Baltimore Crossroads @95 mixed-use development near the White Marsh section of Baltimore County, MD.
Featuring LEED elements, the initial phase of the complex featuring 100 units is expected to be delivered this November, with completion of all 365 units in April 2012.
July 01, 2011
Two local developers are teaming up on a $75 million redevelopment of the former Nevamar formica plant in Odenton, where they’re hoping to tap into a rising demand for apartments.
StonebridgeCarras and the Bozzuto Development Group plan to break ground this fall on the Flats 170 at Academy Yards, a 369-unit apartment complex at Telegraph and Annapolis roads in Anne Arundel County. The apartments are just the first phase of the 55-acre site’s… Continue reading
June 16, 2011
To say the folks at Greenbelt, Md.-based Bozzuto Management were busy in the first quarter would be an understatement. The company added about 3,200 new units to its management portfolio in the quarter.
About 20 percent of those additions were expected, with the opening of three new properties in the Washington, D.C., area. But Julie Smith, president of Bozzuto Management Co, says the other 80 percent of the additions were through property… Continue reading
June 10, 2011
Maryland companies working to make state leader in green building
Constructing more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly buildings is becoming a major money-maker for some Maryland companies.
For example, Morgan-Keller Construction in Frederick says the percentage of its “green” building projects has jumped from 25 percent to more than 75 percent during the last few years.
But overall, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Frederick and Charles counties collectively… Continue reading
June 03, 2011
Greenbelt developer Bozzuto Group plans to break ground in September on a $68 million apartment complex in Fells Point, marking the home builder’s largest start since 2008.
Bozzuto subsidiary Bozzuto Development Group plans to seek building permits in the next few weeks for Union Wharf, a 281-unit project to be built at Thames and Wolfe streets. The Baltimore City Planning Commission approved final designs for the project May 19.
Bozzuto… Continue reading
May 23, 2011
The Fitzgerald, a mixed-use residential and retail development in Baltimore’s Mount Vernon cultural district, has been named as one of 10 winners in the Urban Land Institute’s Awards for Excellence: The Americas competition.
More than 140 entries throughout North and South America competed for the prestigious award, which is widely recognized as the land use industry’s most prestigious recognition program. The Fitzgerald, built on 4.6 acres of land owned by the… Continue reading
May 23, 2011
The Bozzuto Group has garnered the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Silver certification for The Fitzgerald and Riverwalk at Millennium, residential properties in Baltimore and suburban Philadelphia, respectively, and the designations put the developer at the forefront in both metropolitan areas.
The awards come as no surprise to the green building community. “Bozzuto has a long track record of concern for the environment, Stuart Kaplow, chair of USGBC’s… Continue reading
May 21, 2011
It feels wrong to slouch while walking into the lobby of the Mariner Bay apartment building in Annapolis Towne Centre, operated by Bozzuto Management service. The high-ceilinged lobby is grand in the sleek sophisticated style of posh, early 20th-century apartments on Manhattan's Upper East Side - or how we imagine them to be.
Pushing through a tall double set of doors, one dances around the oversized circular concierge stand. Maybe a package arrived today? The… Continue reading