As an Assistant Project Manager with Bozzuto Construction, you are the first point of contact and liaison between the project architects and design team and the Bozzuto project team. You are as much a problem finder as you are a problem solver. Your business acumen and professionalism make it easy for you to manage up and down, effectively leading the work of supporting team members while interfacing with leadership, clients and stakeholders.
- Learning agility – you will progressively take on additional responsibility as you learn on the job
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent industry experience – Construction management, engineering or related field preferred
- Hands on experience with multiple construction projects to include the successful completion of at least one full lifecycle new construction project
- Mastery of the document management process to include developing proficiency with construction and BIM software programs
- Assisting the Project Manager with scopes of work, change orders, submittals and RFIs
- Taking a leadership role in the QA/QC process, material expediting and tracking
- Developing leadership competencies by managing subcontractors and one to two project team members
- Assembling and running effective meetings that yield actionable outcomes
- General knowledge of the trades and their responsibilities
Where you’re heading.
You’re on the Project Manager track, which means soon you’ll be running a job. As an Assistant Project Manager, you’ll dive deep into projects where you’ll gain experience with contract budgets, submittals and document management, as well as project start up and assisting with buyouts.
What you get on the job.
Assistant Project Managers are exposed to all phases of projects where they are directly involved with writing scopes, tracking budgets and all materials required for the job site – as well as assembling Project Review Meeting packages. When it comes to leadership, Assistant Project Managers gain their first exposure when they are introduced to ownership – a big responsibility as they are looked at as a direct representative of Bozzuto.
How to get to the next level.
It’s a role where you begin to build relationships with management as well as ownership. In addition to having demonstrated an understanding of change orders and the owner-contractors agreement, there will be times when you’ll need to manage expectations with owners, which can mean having tough conversations and influencing or motivating individuals in situations where you don’t have the upper hand. Focus on building rapport, establishing and maintaining relationships throughout this part of your career.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.