At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
You will take a lead role in troubleshooting, making adjustments to control systems, and ensuring the daily functioning of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, and security systems. The position includes working closely with a team of groundskeepers, service technicians, and office administrators.
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, your primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain the physical asset of the property as directed by Management with a focus on those tasks that will require advanced skills and knowledge of apartment maintenance.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by Assistant Service Manager and Service Manager.
- Respond quickly to deficiencies found in preventative maintenance inspections.
- Work closely with Maintenance Technicians to complete the ‘Preventative Maintenance Program’.
- Daily operation and maintenance of all working elements of the property including specialized lighting system, water feature, irrigation, plumbing, electrical, small trash chute and compactor, elevators, gates and doors, stairs, signage, and garbage collection areas.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Respond to all maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Ensure effective and timely follow up with residents, vendors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
- Respond to all on-call emergencies in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees especially in stressful situations.
- Be an effective team player.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to resolve resident and facilities issues.
- Alert the Assistant Service Manager of any unusual incidents that have taken place or may occur.
- Adhere to and stay current on all applicable building codes, safety standards and fair housing laws.
- Attend annual safety training.
- Assure safety standards comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
What You Bring to Us:
- Team Orientation
- Effective in an environment with a moderate amount of social interaction
- Professional ability to voice his/her opinion in a group setting.
- Ability to consider others and interacting with his/her environment.
- Team Player
- Maintain a tolerant nature and be accepting of others’ viewpoints.
- Ability to work effectively in both a relaxed or more formal atmosphere.
- Attention to detail
- HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing expertise
- Requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Perform pushing, pulling, climbing activities
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician preferably in the Residential Property Management industry.
- AA/AS degree in technical/mechanical related field is preferred.
- Experience with mid-rise and high rise systems is preferred.
- Must be responsible for taking calls for after hour’s emergency maintenance; including nights and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Must have personal/reliable transportation to get to work in order to respond to on-call emergencies as they occur.
- Must carry a cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Ability to use a computer.
- HVAC, CFC certification is required.
- Plumbing and Electrical Certification is required.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and/or overtime when necessary.