At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain, or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion, and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging, and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued, and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
The job duties of the Business Intelligence Director involve the development of business intelligence (BI) gathering practices and the management of financial data and information. In this position, responsibilities include the design and maintenance of the financial reporting system to warehouse data and information. The Financial Business Intelligence Director will facilitate the analysis of data and coordinate with decision makers in the company to ensure that information gathering and analysis support the overall development of business strategies. In order to accomplish these duties, the director will utilize Power BI and Excel to generate analytical insights and financial models with data queried from a SQL data warehouse. The position requires extensive time designing and implementing reports and dashboards in Power BI and Excel as well as communicating with and presenting to key business stakeholders. Additionally, this position oversees a team of financial analysts that produce multifamily and retail budgets, underwriting and other financial modeling for new business.
The Business Intelligence Director will join a growing business development team who work together with our operations team across the country. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team that analyzes and reports on new acquisitions though evaluation of business and real estate trends, sales forecasting, financial modeling, and other metrics.
- Analyze economic and real estate market data to identify trends and create actionable reports and recommendations for property operating budgets and models.
- Collaborate with accounting leadership team to assist with reforecasting of all new property developments.
- Perform due diligence on new markets, sub-markets, and pipeline projects.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements and market data on potential deals.
- Assist in preparation of financial reports to clients. Prepare supporting documents required for client financing.
- Support the business development team in the creation of RFP responses, proposal decks, and other client-facing documentation and submissions.
What You Bring to Us:
- Required Skills:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5-10 years of experience in the Real Estate industry with several years of experience preparing budgets for multifamily assets.
- Highly developed analytical skills including the ability to create complex spreadsheets and financial analyses.
- Experience using Yardi, CoStar, and other industry tools to collect and analyze data.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced business development environment making a material impact on the company’s growth and continued success.
- Experience developing data models/sets and reports/dashboards in Power BI desktop and publishing to Power BI service online.
- Ability to utilize:
- DAX to write measures in a Power BI data model
- SQL and Power Query to query and analyze datasets from a data warehouse
- Excel for implementing financial models and reports
- Strong analytical/debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to synthesize and implement requirements for both on-going and ad hoc reports and analyses.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze complex application, business and operational issues and develop logical conclusions as well as identifying implications of proposed solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Experience presenting and explaining complex financial models and recommendations to internal and external audiences, including executives.
- Ability to travel to regional and national Bozzuto offices, including Bozzuto headquarters in Greenbelt, MD. Estimated travel is < 10%.
- Preferred Skills
- Finance concentration and/or Accounting preferred
- Strong programming skills: Python, Spark, Excel VBA
- Experience with:
- Snowflake data warehouse
- MS SQL Server
- Matillion ETL platform
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.