Bozzuto Construction is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s fastest-growing general contractors. New clients and projects constantly come to us because of our dedication to the details in building excellence and our reputation for doing business with integrity. We treat our people with the same amount of respect. Here, you’ll work alongside great people and have an impressive range of benefits, ample opportunities to grow and time to have fun. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
We’ll count on you to lead teams and to steer the direction of projects so that, like us, you’ll be truly proud of the results you created. Clearly, we’re a little different at Bozzuto. We’re a company that has concern for the people and the communities we touch. We support your education and learning, which we encourage in every part of our organization, from our newest team members all the way to the top. And we believe in exercising creativity in everything we do. If you’re as passionate as we are about construction and feel strongly that perfection is an attainable goal, we invite you to join us.
The Only Coffee You’ll Be Fetching Is Your Own. Have a fun, hands-on learning experience within a multi-family construction environment. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees, customers and the public.
As a Safety Intern, your primary responsibilities:
- Ensure that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed.
- Manage OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Help identified hazards; coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Develop and distribute safety flash toolbox talks to organization.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work-place practices.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Assist in site incident management including root cause analysis.
- Self-starter yet able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to Us:
- A graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in a safety program.
- Strong interest in construction, real estate, architecture and/or development.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and safety related training correspondence.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Safety Regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills up and down organizational structure.
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
What Makes A Great Fit:
We’re not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, hard playing, Vet owned and performance minded. We give back to our communities and have each other’s back. We solve problems and build relationships. This might sound corny, but we’re really a nice bunch of people. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.