Established 30+ years ago, Bozzuto Construction Company (BCC) is a recognized industry leader for both construction expertise and a dynamic, employee-driven environment. We strive to ensure everyone has an opportunity to thrive and grow by offering meaningful work experiences, career development planning, and engaging our team in celebratory events. Working alongside our other companies within Bozzuto, we access and leverage unique resources to continue expanding and diversifying our portfolio. As our business grows, our team grows.
As an employee, you will discover that BCC is not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, veteran owned, and performance minded, and we have each other’s back. Together, we solve problems and build relationships. We give back to our communities and we celebrate successes with team events such as our annual fishing trip. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
As a Preconstruction Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate preconstruction efforts of the project participants (i.e. Contractor, Owner / Developer, Design Professionals, Property Management, and subcontractors) during the planning phase.
- Attend preconstruction meetings and direct the team toward construction strategies which fit the owner’s program, construction schedule, budget parameters and quality standards.
- Perform quantitative analysis of construction documents and project program requirements.
- Lead and oversee the preparation of conceptual cost models, budgets and guaranteed maximum pricing based on historic cost data and / or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons and cost savings through alternative approaches in materials, assemblies, phasing, etc.
- Assist in developing appropriate subcontractor scopes of work based on the project program and desired outcome.
- Assist with determining subcontractor pricing, including information dissemination, review of subcontractor’s proposals and coordination with the desired scope of work.
- Maintain historic cost database cataloging project program and unit prices as budgeted / bid / purchased for use in preparation of conceptual estimates and cost models.
- Foster a productive working atmosphere among the project participants, and cultivate BCC’s relationship with the Client.
- Assist with business development as part of the company’s efforts in acquiring new projects which involves representing at industry events and meeting with prospective clients as well as subcontractor and vendors.
- Oversee our subcontractor outreach program
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in construction management, engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in construction.
- Proven supervisory/management skills and ability to motivate and manage.
- Multifamily and/or commercial experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Bluebeam, Word, Excel, Primavera P6 and Procore.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and logic skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- High sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong sense of commitment and proprietary concern for Bozzuto Construction Company and its success.
What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness. Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical, dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an affordable price.
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus holidays.
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company match.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support career development and growth.
Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.