In this learning and doing role at Bozzuto Construction, you are likely the most obvious recipient of the most knowledgeable person on the project team award. Your familiarity with the project documents and details position you as a knowledge leader, problem solver and solution finder. In this role you will develop your leadership, business acumen and conflict resolution skills while gaining exposure to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Learning agility – you will progressively take on additional responsibility as you learn on the job
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent industry experience – Construction management, engineering or related field preferred
- Reading and interpreting project documents and drawings
- Assisting project leadership team with document management process, submittals, RFIs, project reporting and subcontractor management
- Understanding site logistics with the goal of effectively managing subcontractor issues, productivity and safety compliance
- Moderate proficiency in construction technology, construction management and BIM software – Procor, Navisworks, Blue Beam preferred
- OSHA 3 certification – or willingness to obtain
Where you’re heading.
You’re moving toward a role as either an Assistant Superintendent or an Assistant Project Manager, but with either option, you’re heading out to the job site where you’ll put your skills to work and gain practical field experience.
What you get on the job.
You’ll focus your on-the-job experience learning the means, methods and trades – it’s a hands-on class of what we do and how each role works on the site and at the office. Most importantly, you’ll be introduced to the nature of materials and have access to a wealth of real life scenarios
How to get to the next level.
This is your chance to demonstrate your ability to lead in situations where you may not have authority, including managing subcontractor relationships. Look for other opportunities to contribute to the project or other programs, including volunteering for committees and helping newer staff learn the ropes.