Bozzuto Construction is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s fastest-growing general contractors. New clients and projects constantly come to us because of our dedication to the details in building excellence and our reputation for doing business with integrity. We treat our people with the same amount of respect. Here, you’ll work alongside great people and have an impressive range of benefits, ample opportunities to grow and time to have fun. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
We’ll count on you to lead teams and to steer the direction of projects so that, like us, you’ll be truly proud of the results you created. Clearly, we’re a little different at Bozzuto. We’re a company that has concern for the people and the communities we touch. We support your education and learning, which we encourage in every part of our organization, from our newest team members all the way to the top. And we believe in exercising creativity in everything we do. If you’re as passionate as we are about construction and feel strongly that perfection is an attainable goal, we invite you to join us.
As a Preconstruction Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate preconstruction efforts of the project participants (i.e. Contractor, Owner / Developer, Design Professionals, Property Management, and subcontractors) during the planning phase.
- Attend preconstruction meetings and direct the team toward construction strategies which fit the owner’s program, construction schedule, budget parameters and quality standards.
- Perform quantitative analysis of construction documents and project program requirements.
- Lead and oversee the preparation of conceptual cost models, budgets and guaranteed maximum pricing based on historic cost data and / or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons and cost savings through alternative approaches in materials, assemblies, phasing, etc.
- Assist in developing appropriate subcontractor scopes of work based on the project program and desired outcome.
- Assist with determining subcontractor pricing, including information dissemination, review of subcontractor’s proposals and coordination with the desired scope of work.
- Maintain historic cost database cataloging project program and unit prices as budgeted / bid / purchased for use in preparation of conceptual estimates and cost models.
- Foster a productive working atmosphere among the project participants, and cultivate BCC’s relationship with the Client.
- Assist with business development as part of the company’s efforts in acquiring new projects.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in construction management, engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in construction.
- Proven supervisory/management skills and ability to motivate and manage.
- Multifamily and/or commercial experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Suretrak, Primavera P6 and Prolog.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and logic skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- High sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong sense of commitment and proprietary concern for Bozzuto Construction Company and its success.
What Makes A Great Fit
We’re not a typical construction company. We look for leaders who take pride in their work, enjoy inspiring others and value the moments when our partners and customers experience something extraordinary. We’re hard working, hard playing, Vet owned and performance minded. We give back to our communities and have each other’s back. We solve problems and build relationships. This might sound corny, but we’re really a nice bunch of people. We hope you want to be part of a great team and join us.
What We Bring You:
In addition to an award winning culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of insurance options, financial programs, and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to retirement, family matters, health and wellness. Bozzuto is committed to doing everything it can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage—including access to the best doctors and hospitals at an affordable price. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.